Today, Sunday, June 19 is when we all can celebrate our fathers. Families might hear Papi, Da da, Pepa, or just Dad. Below these picture books celebrate fathers.
1. Visiting Day, by Jacqueline Woodson a little girl who must love her father while he is in prison shares the joys of being with her father.
2. A Day With Daddy by Nikki Grimes a boy living in two homes shares his experiences of being with his father.
3. Eddie’s Ordeal by Kelly Starling Lyon is a chapter book about the relationships of a father-son relationship.
4. In Daddy’s Arms I Am Tall: African Americans Celebrating Fathers
By Javaka Steptoe is a picture book that is a collection of poems.
5. So Much by Trish Cooke wrote a fun-loving story about a boy who receives love from his family as he waits for a surprise party.
Here are more book lists featuring Latino and bi-lingual stories.
A Blog Featuring Diverse Books
Here Wee Read
Comment Below to share more books featuring Latino and African American fathers.