We are happy to announce the judges who will be voting on the participants who read about Vivien Thomas.
This exciting contest is for children who reside in Kansas City, MO, Kansas City, Kansas, and the surrounding area to read about a Medical Pioneer- Vivien Thomas.
Here is what each participant will do.
1. Read Tiny Stitches by Gwendolyn Hooks,
2. Upload a Thirty to Ninety second video on Pennez’s Twitter or Facebook.
3. In your video share (1) something that you learned about Dr. Vivien Thomas, and (2) what interests you in becoming a doctor or what interests you about doctors.
4. Pennez’s amazing judges will also choose 1 deserving classroom.
5. Each winner will receive a Dream Big Learning Kit that gives hands-on tools to learn about neurology, surgery, and more. What is the Benefit? This Dream Big Learning Kit provides experiments for hours of fun. Additionally, reading Tiny Stitches gives the reader a historical narrative about a miraculous surgeon- Vivien Thomas. The contest runs from November 30, 2016, through January 31, 2017. Wouldn’t it be fun to learn about being a doctor? Read About Dr. Thomas.
Thank you to all of the judges.
1. Gwendolyn Hooks wrote Tiny Stitches to share the persistence and determination about Vivien Thomas’ medical career. This is her first picture book and she has written for youth for many years. @gwenthegreat
2. Marquis Queen has been an entrepreneur for many years and is also a gifted writer. He is the CKO of a new technology company called Slcket. @slcket
3. Lisa is an influential member of Kansas City’s technology community where she is a graduate student in the Educational Technology Program at the University of Kansas.
4. Eze Redwood is a serial entrepreneur and a leader who coaches youth to achieve and maximize their potential. @ezeredwood
5. Quest is a social entrepreneur who assists men and women to better achieve their goals in order to assist the community. @puklabs